The Tomato Plant by Savor
The tomato is the edible, red fruit of the tomato plant, which belongs to the nightshade family. Sever-al varieties of tomato exist, typically growing from 3-10-feet in height and have a weak stem that of-ten sprawls over the ground and vines over other plants.
Tomatoes are eaten raw, as well as an ingredient in many dishes, sauces, salads, and drinks. While tomatoes are actually fruits, they’re considered culinary vegetables, as ingredients to savory meals.
Savor offers a wide variety of tomato plants, including:
- Red slicers, Better Boy, Better Bush, Big Beef, Burpee’s Big Boy®, Bush Champion, Early Girl II, Garden Gem, Jet Star, Primo Red, Red Bounty, Red Mountain
- Cherry heirloom Black Cherry
- Heirloom slicers Black Krim, Brandywine, Cherokee Purple, Costoluto Genovese, Green Zebra, Mr. Stripey, Old German
- Yellow cherry Gold Nugget, Sungold,
- Red plum Plum Health Kick, San Marzano
- Patio slicers Homeslice, Mega Bite, Totem, Tumbling Tiger, Tumbling Tom Red,
- Red grape Juliet, Red Candy, Red Grape
- Yellow slicer Lemon Boy
- Red cherry Sweet 100
- Red patio cherry Sweet ‘n’ Neat Cherry Red
- Yellow Patio cherry Sweet ‘n’ Neat Yellow, Tumbling Tom Yellow
- Yellow Cherry heirloom Yellow Pear
All of our tomato plants are available in 4” biodegradable coir pots that can be planted directly in the ground, and include an eye-catching Snap Off® garden tag that features a recipe and suggested uses on the back. The tag also serves as a stake identifier so you can keep track of the tomatoes in your garden.